Thursday, January 21, 2016

Post 2 Doc 1

My story for document one was Godwin's "A Sorrowful Women". This story is about a woman that no longer wants to take her role as wife and mother. The woman begins to cut off any emotion and feelings she had towards her husband, son, and the outside world. The husband begin take care of her and  begins to do everything she asks. She is presented with different roles, but the woman is still unsatisfied. The woman is depressed that she cannot find a role that she can be content with. She tried things like trying on different costumes and moving to the white room but she is still unsatisfied. In my document one I will discuss the different perspectives of how some people might view this story. Personally, I viewed the women in the story as selfish because she did not care about how her son and husband felt. She only cared about herself throughout the story which made me come to this conclusion. 

1 comment: